Kristin Majda, M.S., M.B.A.
Please visit my Services page for more information about the consulting services I offer.
Education & Outreach Consultant - Ventura County, CA
Gold Coast Science Network (GCSN)
Grant Analyst, California State University Channel Islands
Education & Credentials
Partial List of Presentations
Science Educator - Ventura County, CA
- Taught life and physical science lab courses, including Amgen Biotechnology Experience labs, and served as yearbook coordinator at various high schools in Ventura County (Channel Islands High School in Oxnard, Renaissance High School in Santa Paula, Villanova Preparatory High School in Ojai, and Thousand Oaks High School in Thousand Oaks).
- Taught biology and microbiology at Oxnard College.
- Led teams at multiple schools in aligning the science curriculum to the California state standards, and in creating benchmark assessments to track student learning. These successful programs were used as models for other departments and schools.
- Coordinated Santa Paula Union High School District's Categorical Program Monitoring (CPM) audit preparations, to include identifying areas of non-compliance for all state-funded programs and then creating a comprehensive remediation plan. As a result, the district received accolades from the auditors.
- Led Renaissance High School's WASC preparations and served as lead author on the WASC report, resulting in a six year accreditation, the highest awarded by WASC visiting committees.
- Coordinated Clare Booth Luce program to promote women in math, science, and engineering.
- Advised students in multiple competitions, including science fairs and Odyssey of the Mind. Students advanced to state competitions on multiple occasions.
- Served on multiple school site councils and parent/teacher advisory groups, including as secretary of the Santa Paula High School PTA. Developed an electronic records system and coordinated multiple fundraising and parent education events.
ISO 9000 Coordinator and Trainer, Temporary Contract, Port Hueneme Naval Base, Oxnard, CA
- Developed and managed a database for work processes and procedures for an Information Technology (IT) division of the Naval Surface Warfare Center on Port Hueneme Naval Base.
- Developed and delivered comprehensive ISO 9000 training to naval base employees.
Senior Technical Writer and Trainer, Unisys Inc., Carpinteria, CA
- Developed and maintained printed technical manuals and online help for voice messaging systems software products.
- Developed and delivered ISO 9000 training and followed up with audits and remediation plan to ensure compliance.
- Edited and assisted with graphical design of the product's web user interface, based on user experience (UX) design principles.
- Developed and delivered new-hire training for the Engineering Department.